Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Power of Suggestion

Oh the power of suggestion... how devilish it can be.

So, it's been awhile since I posted anything about the ol' life, so here's an update. Last week I found out that once again a wrench was thrown into the "multiply and replenish the earth" commandment for David and I. For those of you who don't know, I have a little addition to my girl parts that really needs to go away. Some call it "cyst" but I've decided to call it Bob.

Bob has been with me for about 4 months now. Being an unwanted guest I've tried a few different things to get rid of him. This last round of meds was hopeful, but alas, 'twas not to be. As it turns out Bob is just as stubborn as I am! He doesn't want to go away. So more drastic measures must be taken. This Friday I will be going in for surgery to get rid of Bob once and for all. I really hope he doesn't have any relatives that feel the need to take his place.

I found this all out last Friday. My doctor went over the procedure briefly so that I could be just as prepared as possible. It's amazing what the power of suggestion does to me. As he talked about where he would "go in" and what to expect for recovery time, I ended up walking out of the office already hurting. It was like ghost limbs in reverse. My body was remembering something that hadn't happened yet. Even now when I think about it I automatically get the feeling that the waistband on my pants is in the wrong place and squishing my stitches. I feel pale and withdrawn, half a person really. I need to lie down, or at least do things very slowly. Everyone knows that if you have to have surgery then you are sick right.!? So what business to I have walking around like a whole person! I'm not whole! I have a Bob!

Ridiculous, I know. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I've had this very surgery. Let me know if I can help in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe there is another "man" in your life, I always pegged you as a one man gal!! If it makes you feel better I don't like "Bob", never have, never will. There is nothing "he" can do that will change my mind...except LEAVE!! My heart goes out to you my dear sweet and favorite lady!! You will be prayed for and thought of this weekend! Love you babe!!
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete