Friday, September 9, 2011

Sometimes ya just gotta

So.  My husband is awesome.  He's smart, he's witty, he's loving, he's kind.  But for some reason all of his smarts and learning and random fact giving are not enough to make up for a few simple things.  Like the making of Jello.  This is not the first Jello incident where I've wondered about my husbands IQ, but this is certainly the most entertaining.  In fact I laughed out loud when I saw the results.

You see, yesterday was rotten, absolutely rotten.  Apparently there's a bug going around and I got it bad...BAD.  I was visiting the porcelain gods yesterday roughly every 15-20 minutes whether there was something "in there" or not.  This did not stop till roughly 11:30 last night and I'm sure that was due to sheer exhaustion.

This morning I laid in bed not daring to move and was dying of thirst.  David was getting ready for work and I asked him to make some apple juice and some Jello before he left.  I figured those would both be easy on the stomach as well as provide some nourishment and wonderful blessed moisture.  So with the Jello I told him to add the ice instead of water as it would set faster.  He did it, I thanked him profusely and he was on his way to work.

When I finally dared to drag myself out of bed at 11:30 this morning, I checked on the Jello and just laughed. 
You see instead of stirring the ice cubes until they melted, he just threw them in and stuck it in the fridge.


It is especially good viewing it from the bottom.
I poured the excess water off and jigglers will have to do.
Did I mention I love this man!  I do.  May not be the best Jello but it was sure a needed laugh this morning.

12 comments:

  1. i'm sorry you got it too! holy cow, i had it 2 weekends ago and couldn't keep anything down (solid or liquid) for about 30 hours! we were just about ready to go in for an IV! danny made a gazillion trips to the store for food i ultimately ralphed, and was so wonderful about it! oh, and of course i got a cold this past weekend... awesome. hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?! unknown? well, that was me, katherine, by the way. stupid blogger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you were sick too! But in a strange and terrible way that makes me feel better that I'm not making the whole stinking thing up! It's kind of like cruel and unusual punishment! I made David call the oncall doctor last night to see if I should get an IV or something. It's kind of funny cause if it was just me being sick I wouldn't have worried, but this little bean inside has got me all paranoid! I hope you get over your cold! It's just not fair is it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That . . . is kind of awesome. Who would have thought jello could even do that?! :-) Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! How could you not laugh at that?!

    I'm glad your on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lora!!! You poor girl... I had no idea you were sick :( I am so sorry. But seriously, that picture of the jello from upside down looks SO cool! ;) love ya, glad you're feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better! The plague....er, flu...has paid a visit at our house as well. Poor RJ has been a mess! Maybe David could make him some Jello? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT is awesome :) I'm not the best jello maker on the block and I could see myself doing the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fantastic. Also, that picture is pretty fantastic.

    Your story kind of reminds me of the time when my husband and I were first married and he "made" dinner--frozen chicken pot pies. When he pulled them out of the oven, they were just a soupy pile of whatever all over the pan. When I asked him why he took them out of their foil pie tins he said, "But the instructions said remove from package before baking."

    ReplyDelete
  10. bythelbs: that is fantastic! So sounds like something that would happen here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the view from the bottom seriously looks like you took a funky light and shined it on that mess. How hilarious. Nick would have read the package twelve times and been miffed if I gave him directions that altered from the recipe and been frustrated! Go David for trying to follow verbal recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you took the picture..... this is proof how adorable David is! Is the Fall season helping you feel better?

    ReplyDelete