Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Dad

There are many many reasons why I love my Dad. One of them is his love for Harley's. For as long as I can remember, he has always wanted a Harley, but I've always wanted a million dollars, that doesn't mean I'm going to get it.

Well my Dad's dream finally came true and he now owns two Harleys. Not because he can afford them, but because he and mom figured that if they waited until they were completely out of debt to get one, Dad would be 80 and wouldn't be able to enjoy it. So, he got one.

The first one was sensible and fairly small. He was being frugal and paid for it all up front with mom's blessing. After a short time, it became obvious that my dad is a bit bigger and that the small bike just wasn't doing it for him. So, he went shopping again, this time without my mom's knowledge. (those are always fun to find out about.) Hence we have the Harley tour bike complete with cd player, cruise control and an oh-so-comfy passenger seat and back rest. Mother was livid until she went for a ride, she feels much better now. They may not have a vehicle that was born in this century, but they have two Harley's to pass the time.


Gotta love family... and the open road.

2 comments: