Monday, May 26, 2008

Thoughts on on Rainy Day

Today has lent itself to a pensiveness that I haven't had for awhile. It's Memorial Day and the sky is gray and it's raining. It almost demands that the human race sit down and reflect on life. Take a look around, think about the past, and ponder on what has been learned. Or just ponder about life and where we are. It's not a time for guilt, just reflection.

Today, that's how I feel. I realized that I have been so busy running around pleasing people, that I left myself and my needs out. I haven't taken the time to make sure that I am living how I want to live. I always have a project or something that my mind dwells on and perceived pressure from outside forces. Fortunately this holiday break has given me a much needed extra day. A day free from typical housework and the cares of the job. Some down time to sit and think about something or nothing, just a chance to let my brain and mind relax and go where it will.

It feels good. I feel at peace. I may not have all of my ducks in a row right now, but who cares. Does anyone really? And more importantly, is it really that big of a deal if you do? Does having everything in order make one happier? Or does it just leave less clutter to walk around on your way to a nervous breakdown? Something to think about. I believe that I am the one who puts the most pressure on myself. I learned a long time ago that as long as I'm right with the Lord, then nothing else really matters. Yes, I still have to go on living, I have to hold down a job and make sure there is a roof over my head, but no one else's opinion really matters if I'm square with the Lord. That's the lesson that I seem to forget and have to relearn, or at least remember.

We are all divine creatures. We are children of God. If we are on His side, what have we to fear? Is the world going to come crashing down if you miss a few dishes in the sink or don't get a project done quite on time? Hardly.

No comments:

Post a Comment