Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Whew! What a week!

K. so life has been quite busy for us. David and I have decided to run the 10k in the Bear Lake marathon in two Saturdays... I know, I know... why would anyone intentionally want to put themselves through that much pain? Temporary insanity? or a semi-noble attempt to get into some kind of shape (hopefully not pear-shape). Either way, we are signed up and trying to get ready to finish the race without dying. It's on the 14th, I'll let you know how it goes.

Our other ambition was to get the garden in, which we did last Saturday. Last year we very ambitiously planted 21 healthy and producing tomato plants and therefore had them coming out of our ears. I still have several quarts of tomatoes on the shelves. Learning from our experience, we have scaled back and we very frugally planted 5 instead. We are also going to try some cucumbers and lettuce this year. Wish us luck! We have a plot of roughly 10' x 10' that actually sees the sun, we're really rather lucky to get anything. (Curse our pretend-a-backyard. If we had it our way we'd move the house towards the road 10-15 feet so we could actually utilize the backyard for a good purpose.)

On another note, I had more blood drawn and didn't pass out!!! HAPPY DAY! It's really the little things that make me happy.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for gardens! We just finished putting ours in and we tried a little bit of everything. This year will be the learning curve, but I'm already drooling over the thought of homemade salsa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how that turns out. Do you plan to bottle your salsa? We're looking for a good recipe, we tried it one year and didn't like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so..if we have enough. We are sharing with my sister (the garden is in their yard), so we have 2 families eating from it!

    I'll see if I can find a really good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the 10k! I'm jealous! Kara and i ran the 10k in Salt Lake last 24th of July...I dont think i'll be in that kind of shape this year. BUT it is the BEST feeling after when you cross that line! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm a bit worried right now. How is Kara anyways? I haven't heard from her in ages!

    ReplyDelete