Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life of Pi

My brother-in-law suggested that I read this book, "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. It was once again a very captivating story. The purpose of the book was to get people to believe in God. I'm not sure if it accomplished its purpose with myself as the reader. I already have a fairly solid idea of what God is like. However, the story was fascinating. I had to do with perspectives and how we choose to view life.

I am curious if any others out there have read the book and what you thought. The ending took me a bit by surprise and I find myself still unable to pinpoint just how I feel about it.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read it, but it's been on my "to read" list forever. However, that list is about 300 books long, so I never seem to catch up!

    ReplyDelete