Sunday, August 9, 2009

Let's talk about...

So, this week has been quite eventful, but strangely difficult to write about. I have spent the majority of the week at the Caribou County Fair in Grace, Idaho my home and I have learned a few things. I still have love for my home town although I feel it best at this time to point out that I lived on a farm outside of the city limits. Having spent 4 days at the fair grounds (and I mean days.. not a few hours here and there... all day long) with all the noise and people... that it brings with it, I have done some evaluating.

First. I think it would be an extremely difficult thing for David and I to move back to Grace or the surrounding areas. Not because it's a bad place, but I have really grown used to restaurant selection and paved roads. I can always visit mom and dad for peace and quiet.

Second. I will never be a part of an adult dance group that performs at the local fair. Rockin Rythym Cloggers... not for me. I was actually part of the group when I was in the 7th grade... I really was in shock that it was still going. Who cloggs anymore?

Third. I will always try to look in the mirror before I go out of the house. If I'm okay with it then it's my fault if I get mocked.

Fourth. Greeting cards just don't sell (at least not in Grace). If you're into that then you make them yourself. Were I to do a booth again, I would raffle a quilt.

Fifth. Always go to your high school reunions, you never know who you are going to run into. My good friend Connie attended and I haven't seen her since she got married right around 12ish years ago. Perhaps I should say one time good friend since we've not been in contact for so long. But I really was surprised and glad to see her. What an opportunity to reconnect! I have been thinking a lot about her for the past year and didn't really know where to find her. Her parents had moved away and I didn't really know where anyone else was to find out about her. So what a pleasant surprise to see her at the reunion! Who knew!

So that's what I've been up to. Lost in the nostalgia of high school days, hanging out at the fair grounds, and being thankful for the life I have. I guess it was worth it then wasn't it.

3 comments:

  1. I especially like number three. I heard a long time ago that the worst day is when you wake up looking like your driver's license; this takes that a step further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heat, dirt and manure...that aint the life for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwhhhh the reunion... we must chat some time... sorry I missed saying goodbye to you... I did see Leslie with her cute baby.

    ReplyDelete