Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What...! A post!?

Yeah, I know, it's been a really long time since I have posted anything. We're already into August and I really don't have that good of an excuse. The most I can claim is that my brain has been turned into mush. I have a theory about it. I think that being Primary President has pushed it over the top. Filling out adoption papers, holding down a job, taking care of church, taking care of husband, taking care of self... You get the picture. I'm amazed my hair got done this morning! If it were acceptable to wear a hat to work I would.

Now that that is over. How about a list of things I'm looking forward to.

1. Getting this week over. It's our class reunion on Saturday... still not sure how I feel about it but I've paid my money I might as well enjoy the meal.

2. We're going to spend a few days in Steamboat Springs, CO for our 4th anniversary. Never been but why not! And all of the activities are pretty inexpensive and right now that is a very good thing.

3. Fall weather. Fall is my mostest favoritest time of year. I love the warm days and the crisp chill of the evening. Sad that it brings Winter but it is magical for me.

4. Believe it or not I am looking forward to school starting up again. I don't know if it symbolizes normalcy in some sick and crazy way, but it is what it is.

5. A new camera. Not just the replacement for now, but a nice new really big expensive so many buttons and whistles it makes my head spin camera. I drool at the thought. Won't be able to get it for a while but when we do, look out world!

That's pretty much it for now. Not too much progress on the adoption thing. Writing a letter to the birthmom is HARD. I think it's the whole pressure thing. What if I don't say it just right... I'll just have to get brave and give it a go.

And just to rant: Why do stupid people who may or may not be in my family... have to pooh pooh really good ideas just cause it would be a slight step out of their own comfort zone? Blechk! I shake my fist in your general direction.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE fall. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

    We'll be in Grace Saturday. Not to the reunion since they don't allow kids (don't get me started...), but to other activities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm...your rant is completely incomprehensible to us not related to you. Glad to see you again. lets do lunch! te he

    ReplyDelete