Saturday, July 30, 2011

Let me sum up

There are some things that I want to talk about.  Random things.  They don't go together.  They probably don't even make sense.  But that's okay, my brain has been compromised.

1.  First.  Let's talk about how awesome my husband is.  He's awesome.  He's wonderful.  He's trying to finish the bathroom.  He's getting ready for Scout Camp.  He's cooking me breakfast.  He's working full time.  He's doing the grocery shopping. And he's cleaning the bathrooms.  He's a saint.  No other word for it.

2.  I am spending a sad sad sad amount of time trying to feel better.  Something strange has happened with this whole thing.  I'm still feeling pretty mediocre during the day, but between 6 & 7 pm I start to feel really really really awful.  Like wishing for death.  Like wondering why the medication has stopped working.  I sit on the couch not daring to move because if I do I start to heave.  With or without medicine I have been having an evening visit with the porcelain gods. This has me seriously concerned about Book Club this coming week.

3.  Wednesday I went to Girl's Camp.  I was the special speaker and I was so stinkin' nervous!  But do you know what?  I turned out great!  Marvelous!  Just what I needed.  I love that the Lord compensates for my inadequacies and nervousness.  Simply marvelous.  I found myself awash in Girls' camp memories from back in the day and wished that I could just stay up there with them.  I was exceptionally jealous of the leaders who looked to be having a marvelous time.  Someday perhaps I will have that opportunity again.

4.  I actually cleaned the house today.  Crazy huh!!  Dishes, vacuuming, mopping, laundry.  Done.  Feels great.

The end.  For now.

6 comments:

  1. No. No. No...do we need to move book club? Go to someone's house this month with close access to a toilet? We can do whatever you need to make you comfy. Though, I guess, I understand if there's NOTHING to do. Sigh...Here's hoping Thursday brings sunshine and rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally have a minute to check out your blog. How wonderful it is to be sick, it's a constant reminder that you're pregnant. When the dr. told me I misscarried with Ashtyn (obviously I didn't) me being still sick was one thing that gave me hope. You're in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually accomplished my to-do list yesterday and felt SO happy.... It hasn't happened for awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lora, you are amazing too! I always got SUPER sick about that time of day too... it is NOT fun. Hang in there! I am all for doing Book Club at a time you can be there too.

    I'm so glad you got to go to girls camp. Our ward ROCKS!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, lunch book club? Late night book club? This is where Village Inn being open until midnight can totally work to our advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited that your talk at girls camp was such a success..... I so wish I could have been there too.

    I am praying for you everyday that you feel better.

    ReplyDelete