Saturday, May 19, 2012

Perspective

I'm tired of looking at things so closely. 
Too many details can be overwhelming. 
Too many hopes can be crushing. 

It takes time
 and effort
and energy
 that I don't have anymore
to dwell on things that don't really matter. 

I want to see more of the big picture. 
I want to stand back. 
Gain perspective. 
Realize that the dark spot that I've been trying to figure out
 is part of a much grander picture than I've been allowing myself to see. 
Realize that focusing on the dark spot
has hindered my ability to see the bright things around me. 

The things that give life rather than drain it.

I want to let go.
Of unrealistic expectations
irritation
 the need to "keep up".

I want to be able to breath again.
To drink from the cup of life more fully.
To love more fully.
To laugh more fully.
To create.

I want to look around me and see the good.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's funny that both of our latest blog posts are entitled the same. Speaking of perspective...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's grand! I chose my topic from the 5-minute Friday prompt. I tell ya, those things are way too freakily aligned with my life. And now I'll read your post. :)

      Delete