Sunday, February 15, 2009

Moving!

So, yeah... we're moving. Not too far away though, just a slightly better location and a lot better home. Not that I don't just love the little pink ivy wonder that is our home right now, I just can't say no to a garage and two bathrooms.

K, so here's the scoop. David and I weren't planning on looking for another place to live for quite awhile. We both hate to pack things up and resettle, reorganize, or readjust to a new place. I think it stems from the fact that both of us have a healthy lazy streak. However, things just fell into our laps.

Last Sunday, fate made us early for church. We were actually going to choir practice in the morning and it had been cancelled. Instead of spending an additional 45 minutes at home I opted to stay at the church while David went home. As it turned out I ran into an old friend and he asked if I knew anyone that needed a place to rent. He was moving to Las Vegas and was planning on renting out his house. I got the information and thought to myself... "huh."

Couple of days later I talked to David about just going and looking. We'll, we both loved it. New kitchen counters, actual closets to put clothes in, and two whole bathrooms. And best of all we will actually be paying $25.00 less than we are currently paying! Woo-hoo! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! Closets!! Actual closets!! I tell ya, it's the simple things in life that really get me. We'll be moving in two weeks so I'll post pictures of the new place soon... maybe. Depends on how long it takes to get everything moved over... including the internet.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it! Let us know if you need anything...

    And YES! I'll be there tomorrow night. I'm the one still well, so I'll be escaping the sickos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Let me know if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Lora...Not only is that depressing becuase choir wasn't cancelled, but misannounced and I didn't notice (silly SILLY Lambertsen---LOL) and could have PREVENTED this move, but I'm selfish and need you IN the choir. Naw, I'm glad you found a good place. You're wonderful and will be missed as a regular choir attender and a good friend.
    We'll have to do dinner at your new place (Yes, I'm so good at inviting myself over!) when you're up to it.

    ReplyDelete