Sunday, February 22, 2009

My heart is light

Oh happy day!

K, so it's been quite awhile since I have had so much to look forward to. Usually it's doctor's appointments with not so good news, but today is different. Yesterday we moved a good chunk of our stuff into our new house. In fact, we only left the pictures on the wall and minimal furniture. Our cupboards are practically bare. We'd give Old Mother Hubbard a run for her money. We did take the liberty of purchasing Totino's pizzas, pot pies, and cold cereal for our daily fare while still in our pink-ivy wonder. Pathetic, I know. But I really don't care.

The good part is that I put away all of our food and food storage, plates, cups, mixing bowls, spices, etc. into the new house and I actually have room to spare!!! I have cupboard that are currently empty! I never realized just how lacking our kitchen really is in the realm of cupboards and space to put things. It made me want to do a little dance!

It is exciting. It's nice to have this tender mercy fall right into our hands. It's felt as if we were stuck in a rut with life. We've needed change, but now is not the time to change jobs and we clearly have not much say in the size of our family right now. So a change of home scenery is just what the doctor ordered! And fortunately we are still close to some of our good friends in the ward. It's been decided that if we lose contact just because we are no longer in the ward that we are all grounded. Besides, I was in Primary, not like I got to "hang" with people at church anyways.

Long post I know, but life is just so good right now. Feels good to wallow in the positive for a change.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so excited. How much longer are you in the ivy palace? A week? I can't wait to see the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come see your house, hopefully it is as easy to find as the pink ivy casa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, dear friend. I'm so glad that you have been ABLE to make some change that was significant enough to make things FEEL better. You're family is coming. I'm SURE of it. In some form or another, the extra space was needed for more than just more places for your dishes. Plus a dishwasher, huray!

    ReplyDelete