Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Because it was fun the first time

More Movie Quotes!

A big pat on the back and the feelings of euphoria that come from being similarly minded to someone cool on the internet.... I know, it's a stretch.

1.  "I've never seen that.  I've never seen anybody drive their garbage down to the street and bang the hell out of it with a stick."

2.  "When was the last time you were decently kissed? I mean, truly, truly, good and kissed?"

3.  "You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity."

4.  "The Godfather is the answer to any question. What should I pack for my summer vacation? "Leave the gun, take the cannoli." "

5.  "It's easier to be killed by a terrorist than it is to find a husband over the age of 40!"

6.  "I have less than six months to live. The Waponis believe they need a human sacrifice or their island is going to sink into the ocean. "

7.  "WILSON"

Extra cool points to those of you brilliant people who can spot the common link.
A true test in movie trivia.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just barely watched the burbs on saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Burbs is my all time favorite movie I swear it too be true! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sunny!
    all ya'll are still free to name the movies. Knowing Tom Hanks is the common thread may help. I'm especially curious about how many of you know #2. For awhile it was watched by myself almost religously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was 2 You've got Mail or Sleepless in Seattle?

    Most of them I do not know.....I am not very good at most of the movies you have named! Haha! I do know "WILSON!" that was a sad movie! we made our very own "wilson" for vball one year-he was our mascot---random I know!

    Jess :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen The 'Burbs. Can we still be friends?

    And You've Got Mail is one of the best movies known to man. And The Thing You Do was just on tv during my back hiatus...

    ReplyDelete
  6. (So, uh, #2 would be That Thing You Do...)

    1. I had to look up.

    2. That Thing You Do.

    3. I don't know

    4. You've Got Mail

    5. Sleepless In Seattle

    6. Joe vs. The Volcano (such an underrated film...)

    7. Castaway. Isn't that the only dialogue in that movie? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGH. I might have to turn in my mom badge for not getting #3 which is on CONSTANT rotation in our house. Sigh...

    (and I promise, my comment barrage is done!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I got the Tom Hanks connection, but I'm not sure on some of the movies.

    1. I'm assuming that's The Burbs since y'all mentioned it, but it's been YEARS since I've seen it.

    2. You've Got Mail?

    3. Toy Story

    4. I don't know.

    5. Sleepless in Seattle?

    6. Joe Vs. the Volcano?

    7. Castaway

    (OK, I looked up 2 and know I'm wrong on at least that one, but still fun to play!)

    ReplyDelete