Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Meet Oscar and Other News

Oscar Wilde?  Oscar de la Hoya?  Oscar the Grouch?  So many options.  Might even change.  I have been calling him Snickelfritz.  Who knows, maybe it will stick.

Fun facts/discoveries:

1. He sometimes meows while he's drinking so it sounds all underwater-like and that just makes both David and I laugh.

2. Despite his sometimes incessant meowing/bawling, he might just be alright.  (he's no good at our stairs yet, or at least hasn't been brave enough so I can "trap" him on another level when it's too much.  He stops after awhile so it works out.)

3. So far he only uses the litter box!  Yeah!

4.  David's job is to change the litter box!  Yeah!

5.  He's not cuddly, he's frisky.  And that's fine with me too.  He's just a little guy so it makes sense.

6.  This may very well be the last full post on Oscar because I like to think I have more of a life than that, and right now I really do feel a little pathetic.  So if you're thinking it, so am I.  Sigh.

In other news:

David and I did the embryo transfer on Sunday!  Woo-hoo!  So we're moving forward like rock stars and hoping that all the needles, mood swings, trips to SLC, and partial loss of sanity work out for us.  Meanwhile we have lots of things to look forward to this Summer.  Like:

Air conditioning!!
New bathtub and toilet in main bathroom.
Completed window sills!
Def Leppard concert with friends!  Double woo-hoo there.
A stay at the cabin at Mt Kolob (Hurricane way)
Family Reunions (yes we actually look forward to some of them.)
Garden fresh produce from OUR garden!
Hiking in the outdoors
Plays at the Old Lyric Theatre
Bear Lake Shakes
Long Summer nights
Lunch/breakfast on the deck
Outdoor BBQ

Thank you all for tuning in today, and most of all thank you for your support.  We have felt your prayers and well wishes for us and no matter what happens, it will be what is supposed to happen.  Who knows, maybe twins!  (oooh, eeeee, aaaaah... ugh?  hmm.)

8 comments:

  1. Awww, he's so cute!!! We're both SUCH cat people . . . but I like being able to give animals back when I'm done, so I don't know that we'll ever have pets.

    Oscar is a great name too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you KNOW I am so happy for you guys, he is DARLING! :)

    :) Summer is going to be so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the title and got worried. I thought Oscar was another Bob or George! Good thing he is a cute non pathetic kitten.

    Your summer sounds awesome. I love that you can mix things like breakfast/lunch on the deck or long summer nights in with concert tickets and plays. You're truly enjoying it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be excited to hear how transfer went and what lies in store! Love your attitude....what is supposed to happen will. Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my adorable. Almost makes me want a kitten. Um, no, actually it doesn't. I think I'll just admire yours.

    Looking forward to the updates. On Oscar and perhaps other things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sammy approves!

    And I'm happy that I'm excited about several things on your summer list, as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cat. Good luck with twins. And I'm jealous of your list, notably including the Def Leppard concert. Have so much fun, all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's to implantation! cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete