Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013

I have started this post about 5 times now and deleted everything.  I was trying to reflect on the past year and list all of the good in it.  The lessons, the surprises.  But I just couldn't do it.  Not because they weren't there, but I just could not wrap my head around them.  So I'm doing a different list.

The things that I will miss the most about 2012:

1.  11 am church.

Yep.  That pretty much sums it up. 

However, I am looking forward to this year a ridiculous amout!  I want to declutter my house and my life.  I want to stop putting off piano lessons and commit.  I want to break out my Christmas present and create (I got a jigsaw! not the puzzle, the actual saw and I am extremely excited to break it in).  I want to focus on the good in life because I seem to be weighed down too often with the things that maybe aren't so good. 

So.  My word of the year in all of it's glory is GRATITUDE.

It's the one that I feel in my soul right now.  The one that I neglect far too often.  The one that I perhaps need the most practice showing. 

So here's to the New Year!  Enjoy every single day.

4 comments:

  1. I would have to agree about the 11am church... saddest day :( We're going to 9 as well. I thought by moving we might get out of it?

    I'm SO excited for your jigsaw! Wow! I may have to find out more about that!

    I'm so with you on the de-cluttering my house and my life. I love that you chose Gratitude -- it's really all encompassing -- it bleeds into every aspect of life. I'm still working on a "word" so to speak, but I've lots of things I want to do.

    Happy New Year! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. Want our 11 am church? That's the thing I'm not looking forward to the most this year! :)

    And...piano lessons for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piano lessons for me. I'm just losing my touch! I used to play the piano quite a bit for church and it kept my limited skills up. Now... not so much and I'm losing it. I need motivation.:)

      Delete
    2. Got it. And I GET IT. I can't remember anything. Even the very basic help Sammy start stuff. After 12 years of lessons. OY!

      Delete