Sunday, April 20, 2008

Black Socks

Father Ted: That's right, Dougal. You see, ordinary shops sell what look like black socks, but if you look closely, you'll see that they're very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.

Father Dougal: That's true. I thought my Uncle Tommy was wearing black socks, but when I looked at them closely, they were just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.

Father Ted: Never buy black socks from a normal shop. They shaft you every time!
This is a little episode from "Father Ted", a BBC comedy of sorts. This was particularly poignant to me because I recently bought a pair of black socks, well, until I wore them with black pants and low and behold, they were just very very very very dark blue. I thought it humorous enough to share.

2 comments:

  1. We would LOVE to come over for dinner. However, Isaac will be out of town this weekend & we have a missionary 'homecoming' to go to. Do you guys want to come over the next Saturday (the 3rd)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love Father Ted! I didn't think anyone else watched that show! Bravo, Lora. You never cease to impress me with all your quirks. Good luck with those dark blue socks of yours.

    ReplyDelete