Friday, April 4, 2008

Facing the "Beast"


There is something to be said about facing your personal beasts in whatever form they take. Today for instance, I was forced to face a beast of sorts. This one came in the form of a person in a neighboring department. I have worked with said person before and it was an experience that I did not care to repeat. It came with sleepless nights, work phone calls at home (and horribly early in the morning I might add), and an overall desire to wish death on said person. It was so bad that I would see the name pop up on caller ID and an immediate knot would pop up in my stomach. I avoided the "beast" like the plague.


However, life doesn't work that way and we are often put in situations where we are forced to face the beast... and thank goodness. I was quite worried about working with this person again and really had to 'steel' myself for the job. As it turned out, we have both come a long ways in our abilities to work with each other. It actually turned out to be a pleasant experience free from stomach pain! We actually joked around with each other! Truly a miracle.


So, face the beast and live to tell the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment