Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Great Outdoors and the 24th

So, I was finally able to get out of the house and up to the canyon this week! Woo-hoo! Unfortunately it was only for a couple of hours this Sunday afternoon, but every little bit helps. David and I packed a picnic and went to Wood campground up Logan Canyon and had ourselves a sit. We laid out a blanket, ate our lunch, and pretended to take a nap. I say pretended because it became more and more apparent that we aren't as young as we used to be. There was not spot of ground that could accommodate even the idea of sleep for longer than 2 minutes. I'm sure that I slept on worse back in the day, but not so much now. It's sad when you seriously consider bringing an air-mattress to make your Sunday afternoon get-away more comfortable. I tell you I am such a pansy!

David and I, obviously.
Wood Campground...sigh. I love the sound of the river. So relaxing.
Jarom and Melissa decided to stay the night on the 24th of July. We watched the fireworks and had an all around good time. The kids got to run through the sprinklers. It looked so fun that I had to wonder when did I become the responsible adult that stopped running through the sprinklers. What little I did felt so good! Oh to be a kid again....
Laurelyn and Griffen the mighty conquerors of the lawn sprinkler.
This is Laurelyn before the swimsuit got put on. She is soaked.
Laurelyn and Nessa (the short one with the vampire teeth). Funny story about her, as she was getting ready for bed that night she started singing "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister. The things a 3-year old picks up on.

4 comments:

  1. 1. You are never too old to run through sprinklers. I "taught" Sammy how the other day...

    2. I'm totally laughing. I was thinking "they slept on the ground? Impressive" and then I finished reading...heh. We're so old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! We usually put an air mattress in the back of a truck. Either way we never head to the great outdoors without our air mattress. I didn't know it was even an option!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to go camping! We should go up Logan Canyon. It looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair in the photo! And don't be shy about the air mattres....you should have seen the one I took on the ward campout, it was huge, I got A LOT of grief for it but I slept well when I did sleep!

    ReplyDelete