Monday, July 7, 2008

The past week

This past week has been a busy one, as well as one spent away from the modern conveniences such as computers and internet use. This isn't entirely true, the latter half did provide access to a computer, but for some odd reason the computer gods chose to exclude me and my laptop from the abilities to get onto the internet while down south. So, here's a belated and semi-detailed log of the past week.

First, as part of my love and devotion to my mother, as well as my insane need to get away from work if for no other reason than the fact that I can, I spent two days at home stripping wallpaper off the walls. This served two purposes, one it helped my mother in her efforts to redecorate her house, and second, it made me seriously reconsider ever putting wallpaper up in my own home. Paint is my friend. It was gruelling work, but we got it done.



Here we have my sister Samantha, her child Kyle (in the middle) and Laurelyn and Griffen all helping to wet down the walls to get the paper off easier.


Here we have Griffen, King of the wallpaper refuse... he sure did have fun.

On Thursday David and I headed down to Hurricane to spend the holiday with his parents. It was quite fun. I have considered myself quite lucky to have inlaws that are so dang fun! We don't get down there often, but when we do it is always enjoyable.


I was also able to participate in my second golf game ever! The first was at Birch Creek in Smithfield. We went as management from work for a team building experience. I had fun driving the cart... I couldn't hit the ball more than two feet. It was not all that fun. However, this time proved to be a much better experience. We went to Mount Carmel and I actually hit the ball and it went some place! It's a much shorter course, just my size. We had fun.



Aren't we cute.

The Boys

My hubby, he makes me laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I took golf one semester in college. I hated it...and still can't hit a darn thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous that we didn't get to go down to Hurricane. I heard you guys had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are cuter than two golf nuts sitting on our put puts. Sullivan women rock!

    ReplyDelete