Monday, November 17, 2008

In my recent past

A List:

1. I have started teaching piano lessons. I have one student and she's from the ward. I think that I actually have a chance at success here because she already plays notes due to her extensive practice on the cello. Now if I can help transfer that knowledge to use in tickling the ivories.

2. I have recently decided that I should only have sugar two days a week. Now, don't get to hasty, not sugar in all things, but any type of desserty/chocolately bit. Last weeks "Wednesday Sugar Binge" took it's course and somehow I have got to get control. In the mission field my companion and I decided that if we could control what we ate we could quite possible control the world. Clearly that has happened yet.

3. I have decided to take a more active part in cooking... Truly it is a shame that I have gotten this far. I was such a good housewife when we first got married. David hardly ever went without a good home cooked meal. Then reality hit. I'm shooting for twice a week not including Sunday. If I make enough for leftover then we're set right!

4. Spurred on by "Super Saturdayness" I finally bound two quilts. Actually three, but I'm mostly proud of the one that has been sitting in the den for approximately 5 months now. Last Saturday was Relief Society Super Saturday and I was asked to help with the quilt. It was just going to be another source of unfinished guilt, so I "girded up my loins" and got it done! I dropped it off for the Humanitarian office today.

5. I've finally decided to become an active participate in Good Reads. I have had a few invitations and I finally responded to them. I'm really quite excited!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how piano lessons go, I have some people wanting me to teach them. hmmmm.

    And awesome on the 'super saturday'. I actually went to my first one about 6 months ago... and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete