Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Torture

As some of you know, one of my favorite things to do is torture my husband. Not in mean ways, but more in the lines of annoyance.

So last night we were getting ready for bed and I noticed a feather sticking out of my pillow. It was just a tiny little thing. So I said “Hold still.” He saw the feather and my hand readied for attack and he said “No!” I said please with my best Puss in Boots (Shrek) face and he didn’t go for it. So I put the feather down and went to bed.
K, fast forward to this morning. We sat down on the bed to say morning prayers and I once again spied the feather that I had set aside last night. So as David finished up the prayer, upon “Amen” I grabbed the little feather and started running it up and down his face and he involuntarily shuddered because it tickled. Rather than batting it away, he just sat there with shock and unbelief on his face and said “You kept that feather!!! I can’t believe you kept that feather!!”

I gave him my best “yeah I did and wasn’t that so funny of me and aren’t I great” look. Then I collapsed with laughter. He didn’t share my humor. It was a good way to start the day.

4 comments:

  1. Since I'm lazy and this is logged on as Lora, I am posting anonymously, hehe.

    Just one word comes to describe the above post, and incident! Unbelievable! Unbelievable that she is so determined. Unbelievable that she is so delusional. It was so unbelievable I sat there for a few seconds seriously not believing she was shoving that feather onto my face and getting an obscene amount of pleasure from it. Yep, Unbelievable!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable? I was going to go with diabolical. I HATE to be tickled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't actually tickle. It was just unbelievable, and diabolical because she had the gall (perfect word see definition below) to do it and to do it with such utter glee.


    gall: brazen boldness coupled with impudent assurance and insolence
    from www.merriam-webster.com

    ReplyDelete