Thursday, September 23, 2010

Embrace the Bouf!

This is Serious business.

I have a made a decision of great importance.

It's been a long time coming.

It has to do with my hair...

This hair.  This frizz.
This hair that has been subjected to instruments of torture such as:
This:
And this:
And this:
See how it's kept hold of the hairs it has ripped from my head!
All in an effort to have hair like this:


What I have finally realized is that I will NEVER have hair like that! 
Never. 
Simply not an option. 
So why fight it.
embrace it.
Embrace the bouf that is my hair.
Embrace the natural curl
Embrace the impossible amounts of body.
Embrace the shadow it creates on the sidewalk.
Embrace the way it actually balances out my hips!

There are perks you know.


I am Lora and you'll know it's me by my impossibly large hair.
Humidity makes it worse.
My best friends are bobby pins.

It's freeing really.

7 comments:

  1. Is this where I tell you that I'm loving that last picture? And how I really, really hate that I've lost all my natural curl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be so freaking grateful you don't have straight hair. It sucks! It's SO boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I guess we always want what we don't have, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair! I know I don't have to fix it everyday, but it is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair. The picture is awesome, but I've seen you in person, too, and it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a second I thought you had decided to shave your head- really not a good ides the up keep is horrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thought had crossed my mind a time or two but I decided I'm too vain. Someone should write a song about that.

    ReplyDelete