Monday, January 2, 2012

Out with the old, In with the new.

I'm excited about this year.

There are so many built in changes right on the horizon. The most exciting/trying/unknown being the coming of our new little addition.  The one that is "scheduled" for February 16th but will really come right when he is good and ready to come. 

As I've been thinking about some of the challenges that our little guy will present us with, it's led me to want to change things even more.  I want to be more resourceful and more simple at the same time.  I don't want to spend time on things that aren't going to get me what I want, or really the peace and happiness that I am striving for.  I don't want to waste my time on things that are of no worth while neglecting the things that are.

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

So my "goal" for 2012 is to be Simple and Resourceful.

I want to be able to provide for my family on a shoe string budget.  I want to make my house a home with my own talents and scavengering skills.  I want to spend less and get more from it.  I want less stuff in my house and more enjoyment from what I do have.  Simple and resourceful.

Along with that comes some more defineable goals.  I want to take pictures more often.  I want to write more often.  I want to reflect and re-evaluate more often.  It may be a lot to hope for but since it's my goal then I have license to get rid of it!  Such power right!

So out with the old and in with the new!

6 comments:

  1. I miss you!! :)

    I love your idea of simple and resourceful -- you already seem to be that way to me. I admire you so much, what you do, the way you do it, and why. Inspiring. I'm hoping to use my word "DISCIPLINE" to help me become more simple and resourceful as well. I need rules -- I am not that disciplined, yet.

    love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW I love this! It was such a good year. So worth it. Trying and growing, for sure, but such a good year. And I was so surprised at how rich and just...MORE I felt at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls and all your self improvement!! I might just have to stop hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if it's so much about self improvement as finding ways to keep sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sharon, we're just trying to be more like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, and SANITY, dear Lora, is what I want.... the how?... I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete