Saturday, April 28, 2012

Five-Minute Friday (on Saturday): Community

This one hurts my heart a little.  Community is something I like. Something to be a part of. Something that I have been delighted to have in my corner of the world.  So when things start to interrupt that community, like "For Sale" signs in front of homes... it hurts my heart.

I thought it would be just a little.  But it turns out to be more than I thought.  So my dear friend whom I want to support, whom I want to be there for, whom I want to cheer on through thick and thin... know that I will still do that.  I just have to get over the glaring "For Sale" sign in the front yard.  I have to get over my desire to go and steal it in the middle of the night.  I have to get over my urge to clutter up my own yard and blare loud music should potential buyers come around so that no one will want to have us as neighbors and then you'll just be stuck here so that I can selfishly have you across the cul-de-sac at all times.

Community.  Not just about me is it.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! At least we kept her from Hyrum...right? RIGHT?! Just think...she could meet the next greatest book club person! And, well...I have nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck for you. Yay for closer than Hyrum? If you do succumb and steal the sign, I know the perfect place to put it. There is someone in my neighborhood that I keep hoping for that for sale sign to go up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I like that! then instead of me being selfish I can be doing a service!

      Delete