Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sun Showers

I love rain! Okay, so I don't love it always, but there are just some times when it does my soul good. Like today. It rained with the sun shining brightly in the sky. Like little diamonds flashing with brilliance as they tumble to the ground.

There's just something so refreshing about a good rainstorm. Especially when there is thunder involved. Never in my life have I lived through thunderstorms of greater magnitude than I did when I was living in Missouri. The thunder would clap so loud it would jolt you right out of bed. Then the lightning would flash and it would penetrate even the darkest of curtains and light up the entire room. You just couldn't help looking out the window to see what was going on out there. It was awe inspiring.... and wet. Really really wet.

There is also nothing like getting caught un-prepared in a Missouri down pour. I swear an inch of water would be on the pavement by the time you ran from the car door to the front door. You learned fast to carry an umbrella even if it didn't look like rain. You just never knew.

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered how people could be afraid of thunderstorms. you description cleared that up! I (and me being a light sleeper) can sleep through most of the thunder here, but not so much there for that description.

    ReplyDelete