Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just a Little Breeze

I sit outside in the warm Spring sunshine. Listening to the birds in the trees. Feeling the warmth in my toes and on the top of my head. Content.

My thoughts blown about by the slight breeze of the morning. It reminds me of days spent in the mountains. Hiking by myself. I spent a good portion of one summer hiking the trails of Logan Canyon by myself. I wasn’t worried or afraid. I looked forward to the solitude that the canyon offered. I chose trails that I knew well. Trails that weren’t deserted so if I really did need help, I’d only have to sit and wait. Someone would be along.

I always took a book and my journal and a camera. I would find a quiet location and sit and ponder. Everything from the beauty that surrounded me to where I was going with my life. What I had to look forward to, what I needed to change. Mostly I focused on living in that moment. Writing my thoughts down, unedited, as they came. Finding pleasure in writing for the sake of writing. I took those simple moments home with me. Later if I wanted to I could open my journal again and go back to that spot, that moment in time where I was completely at peace. Content.

I don’t usually take the time to think about those days. To sit and let my mind wander where it will. Life is too packed, too busy, too scheduled. But not today. Today I sit in the sunshine and feel the breeze lift my hair and remember what it’s like to be happy. To be content.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I have decided to dedicate Wednesdays to the Write Words Weekend thought up and crafted by DeNae Handy.  I love her blog "My Real Life Was Backordered" and she's got a writing blog as well.  I want to improve my writing and what better way than having limited topics to choose from.  I may even have to make stuff up to fulfill the assignment.  Overall I think it will help me write outside the box and stretch my skillz... that is if I can find them in time.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love the peace of this post. I've been thinking about that some lately too; about sitting and being, about nature and reflection. I found time to do it when I was single. Being married I have made less time for that- which is too bad really. Meditation is good for the soul in whatever form we find it.

    ReplyDelete