Wednesday, May 11, 2011

To Tweet or not to Tweet...

Because when I make a decision, things get thrown out of whack. 

Remember when I told you I was going to do Write Words Weekend every Wednesday?  Well wouldn't you know it as soon as I commit then something happens.  She's taking this weekend off.  What's the deal with that.  So I have a question for all of you wonderful people out there.

Twitter.

1. Do you use it?  Why or why not?
2. Do you like it?  Why or why not?
3. What do you do with it?

I'm going to start my own Twitter account not because I'm oh so into it, but because I need to research it out for work to see if it's something that would be right for Dining Services.  I myself have never used it. I just created a profile and it took me way too long to even get the stupid picture to upload.  So I need some feeback from those of you who have or haven't and your thoughts on it.

Help!!!

4 comments:

  1. I only started using it because I discovered a website that lists blog give-aways, and lots of them have extra entries for following people on twitter. Six months later, I've only actually tweeted a handful of times. I do follow a few friends, and it's a fun way to keep in touch, but I don't see how it's any improvement over facebook+texting. Essentially, I still don't get the point of its existence beyond following famous people, which has its amusing moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I could talk your ear off on this one.

    I signed up about a year ago. I started following TONS and it TOOK OVER MY LIFE. I got so wrapped up in it all and it was overwhelming. So I put my account on hold at the beginning of the year to reasses. I dumped everyone I followed and a few weeks ago started anew. Now I follow news and some businesses and Nathan Fillion and bands for concert dates and some blogger friends that I actually know and that's it. I check in every couple of days or when some news have happened that I want the skinny on. I refuse to let it be out of control again!

    I think if you aren't "building a brand" as a blogger and stick to the breaking news or businesses you love, it could be beneficial. Other than that, eh. It can be a giant time suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother is a BIG fan of twitter...

    I just got a cell phone two days ago and I'm not planning to use Twitter. I don't have time to do that AND Facebook AND blog... but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finding myself with similar feelings on the twitter front. Could be helpful but kind of annoying... or mostly annoying. I wonder if it's just my age?? If I was 20 would it be second nature to me? And most importantly will it really help gain more business in Cache Valley? That is the question my friends. Blargh.

    Thanks for your comments. I might poll the facebook world as well.

    ReplyDelete