Monday, April 5, 2010

We're moving!

For a lot of you this is old hat, but David and I are buying a house!  Woo-hoo!  I've even started a list of what I will and won't miss about the place that I'm in right now. 

For example, I won't miss:
1.  the hobbit door
2.  the downstairs neighbor (he's great, but he's still there)
3.  bushes in the back yard
4.  the not wide enough to fit my silverware tray drawers

I will miss:
1.  the garage
2.  the next door neighbors
3.  the stove

I look forward to:
1.  painting the walls obnoxious colors just because I can
2.  turning up the music as loud as I want
3.  watching movies at normal volume levels
4.  ripping out vegetation with no fear of repercussions
5.  putting as many holes in the wall as I want
6.  having "rent" do something beside build someone else's equity
7.  the covered deck (if it were warmer I would probably have chair out there right now)
8.  a fresh start in our own place

Yep, good times ahead.  We move in May and it just can't get here quick enough.

3 comments:

  1. YEA for homeownership!!! It is a good feeling to put your money into something that is yours!!! And I will soon have to make a visit I see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!! Congratulation, Lora! What a wonderful new adventure.

    ReplyDelete