Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Musical Thoughts... again!

I know, what is this rare phenomenon that is happening! I can't really be sure myself, I just feel the need to share in the awesomeness of the music that once was "the" music.  Some mock it now, but it still speaks to my soul.

Oh how I love big hair! or did? or don't?


And how bout something a little more mellow.



Seriously, can you live without having known the Scorpions?


And last but not least, the song I worshipped from 8th grade on even though it really didn't fall into my time frame. Chicago really is just awesome though... especially for hormonal teenage girls who cling onto anything remotely sappy but will rather die than admit it.

Sad! Embedding disable, but you should check it out anyway, here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRfy1yorkec&ob=av2nm

Ah, love.  And for the record, Peter Cetera was never good looking.  Hope that doesn't offend anyone.  Great voice though.

4 comments:

  1. ahh, Lora, you are my dream neighbor....

    good times!

    I wish we could go back in time and see a side-by-side video of the two of us in 8th grade in our small farm towns rockin' out to the Scorps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember long ago returning from a certain scouting trip, where after 5 days of living in the mountains, a van-ful of teenage boys (myself included) carooned our best impressions of Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting for You" at the top of our lungs and thinking we were pretty darn cool.

    Tim Mendenhall brought the tape, Todd W, Bryan J, myself and a few others rounded out our group. Good times, your post reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac, that paints such an incredibly awesome picture in my head!

    Lacy that truly warms my heart! perhaps I can have some "special tunes" playing while you visit teach me! Wa hah ahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that, my friends, is my husband. He just admitted to the internet of singing Richard Marx at the top of his voice. I'm a lucky, lucky girl...

    On another note. Mmmmm. Bon Jovi...

    ReplyDelete