Thursday, January 6, 2011

A plea...

We all have different problems, trials, frustrations, whatever you want to call them.  And a lot of them are not of our own doing.  And a lot of them come at really horrible times.

I know that you don't know my little brother Eli, but if you did you would think he is awesome.  Funny, talented, an all around good guy.  His wife Velvet is even better and that's pretty hard to do.  And well, their newest child,  two month old Grady is sick.  Really sick.

On Christmas they took him in to the hospital and he ended up being life-flighted to bigger facilities.  He has bacterial meningitis.  After a hopeful stay he was life-flighted on New Year's Eve to Primary Children's in Salt Lake.  It was a hopeful stay.  Best doctors and all that.  There were signs of improvement.  He had to have a minor surgery to take some fluid out of his little head.  Hope abounded.  Then he didn't do so well.  He's had another surgery that went successfully, but the doctors are worried about possible brain damage.

Again, I know you don't know him.  But please all of you wonderful people that I have come to know and love, please keep their little family in your prayers.  Pray for sanity for the parents, relief and comfort despite the odds, and healing for little Grady. He's such a sweet little baby who just hasn't been here long enough to have to deal with all of this.

Thank you in advance.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Lora! You should have said something tonight. I'm so sorry! Prayers sent up. Continually. Let us know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have said, but I would have cried and I just needed book club tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that. And am glad we could provide a little distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is SO sad :( it's hard to have sick children in the hospital, our stays have been very minor compared to this... Grady will be in our prayers for sure (and his parents) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed this post. Thoughts and prayers are with Grady and his family (that includes you too) -- I hope comfort and healing come.

    ReplyDelete